Friday, December 02, 2011

Prelude


I can't sleep. I'm too excited. It's strange, because I've been on some eight trips in the last five years - Indianapolis, Mexico, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Cuba, Indianapolis again, and now Vancouver and San Diego. I should be used to this shit by now, right? But I still get excited about flying. I still get excited by being in a place I don't recognize. I am an adventurous soul, and being in one place for too long gives me a nasty case of wanderlust.

Strangely, right now I don't feel wanderlust. I feel sort of... Bored. I'm tired with my life in Edmonton. I want to do things that I've never done before and be places I've never been, but not for the sake of doing those things, simply for the sake of ducking out of my normal work-a-day life. If this were the middle ages, I'd have died of polio by now. If it were fantasy middle ages, I'd have already become a traveling merchant or perhaps a sailor. But this is modern-day North America, and ain't nothing what comes that simple.

I'm starting a new company that I can, hopefully, be as hands-off as possible with that will make me a boatload of dollars. If that happens, cool times. I will travel basically non-stop, living in strange places more often than I don't. In the meantime, I will make due with a few vacations a year and hope its enough to stave off the urge to join the gypsies.

No comments: